It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coach Promotion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm 
6th Man

I sometimes, if an HC leaves too in mid-hiring, I might just rather promote one of my existing ACs to HC. Perhaps he will be grateful and stay a while. At some point, I might have to offer him a raise or risk losing him.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Coach Promotion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 am 

MojoJojo wrote:
I sometimes, if an HC leaves too in mid-hiring, I might just rather promote one of my existing ACs to HC. Perhaps he will be grateful and stay a while. At some point, I might have to offer him a raise or risk losing him.

This feature should be in there. I noticed that in beta and there should be the option to promote one of your AC. So im assuming that it didnt work for you?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm 
6th Man

I'll check it out and let you know. It could be that I just overlooked it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 am 
6th Man

I don't see it. I fired a HC, both in Staff hiring and at the beginning of pre-season. I cannot find an option to promote. What am I missing?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:49 am 

I also cannot find a way to do this and think it would be a great idea. Also the ability to sign other team's assistant coaches as your HC would be fun!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 am 
Bench Warmer

This could be accomplished if the Coach position toggle could be edited in the Commissioner tools.

I've debated this as an option in my league and think that the way to effect this would be to zero out the Assistant's contract when your Head Coach retires. Then your assistant can be bid upon in the open market just like any assistant of any quality would be.

Personally, I'd love to see the coach contract logic get a shot in the arm.

Top coaches sign for pennies on the dollar very early on in the coach hiring rounds. Compared to the NBA where assistants sign for millions (highest I think was 1.6 mil or so) and Head Coaches that sign for multiple millions (Phil Jackson anyone?).

I would think that a coach of sufficient skill (or who thinks he's Head Coach material) would refuse a crummy, long term contract to be an assistant because he wants to be a Head Coach.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:07 pm 

Not sure if it's possible, but I also think it would be cool/more realistic to be able to hire coaches away from other teams. In real life, any assistant coach is going to take almost head coaching job in the NBA, but in FBB we don't really have that options. It looks like the computer is able to hire guys away (I lost my scout when he took a GM job), but we aren't able to do the same, unless I'm missing something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am 
Bench Warmer

jay wrote:
Not sure if it's possible, but I also think it would be cool/more realistic to be able to hire coaches away from other teams. In real life, any assistant coach is going to take almost head coaching job in the NBA, but in FBB we don't really have that options. It looks like the computer is able to hire guys away (I lost my scout when he took a GM job), but we aren't able to do the same, unless I'm missing something.

You're missing something. It allows coaches to be hired from other teams. Just go into the negotiation directly from reviewing the coach and not via the Coach Hiring sections of the application.

Also, if this is the Jay I know from OBWL, don't do that... we have house rules against coach poaching for precisely the reason that we don't want it to be the tyranny of the rich there. :)

Offline Profile