It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Milwaukee Bucks: Starting From Scratch
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 pm 

I've decided to start my first ever dynasty report. I'll be using the most updated rosters available. I've decided to choose the Bucks and run a creation draft. I randomized the order 5 times and took whatever position I happened to be in.

Got the #12 pick, and am doing a snake draft. I'll post the top 5 players available when it's my pick, and who I choose/why.

C: Biedrins/Lopez
PF: Bosh/Wallace
SF: T. Young/Green/Walker
SG: N. Young/Gallinari/****
PG: Arenas/Livingston

With the 12th pick, the best players available are: Dwayne Wade, Amare, Bosh, and Nash in my opinion. I've decided to go with Chris Bosh due to the fact that he is 2 years younger than Wade and Amare.

With my second pick, I was saddened to see that Ramon Sessions had just been selected, as I'd like to go with a PG at this spot. The Best available are: Boozer, Arenas, Dirk, and Biedrins. I selected Gilbert Arenas because he's only 26 and he along with Bosh form a very formidable 1-2 punch.

Third round I wanted to go with a center who could play D and get rebounds but was still young enough to ensure the team would be together for a handful of years. My top choices were: Samuel Dalembert (27) or JO (30) or Biedrins (22). I decided to go with Biedrins, may be a little early, but he's young with good potential.

4th round looking to get either a SF or SG that is nice and young. I'm trying to decide between taking Thadeus Young (SF) or Louis Williams (SG). I decided on Thaddeus Young.

For the 5th round I needed to find my starting SG. The best option for my team is probably 23 year old Nick Young out of USC. So he will be my starting SG.

The next couple rounds I was looking to fill out my team with young guys who could play and develop into stars. I decided to go with Jeff Green since he could play a handful of positions. Followed that up with the selection of Danilo Gallinari who hopefully could develop into a future starting 2 guard. The next selection was Robin Lopez to just be another center who could come in and defend the basket and keep teams scoring numbers down. Shaun Livingston was taken next to be the man who would give Arenas a break and be able to handle the rock.

The next pick I decided to throw age to the side and select Ben Wallace in order to be a leader for my young team and to be able to be called upon to give Bosh a rest and come in and dominate the glass and defensive side of the ball. Next we went with a dynamic scorer in Bill Walker, he could develop into a top of the line starting SG in the league some day.

The next pick was made just because I don't have a pure shooter on my team yet so I selected JJ **** to be that guy for me.

That completed the draft. Hopefully this team is able to play at a much higher level than the Bucks of real life! I'll post updates every week in the game or so. I plan on coaching every game, so it should be a day or two between posts! :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:05 pm 

After 2 close losses, and Arenas/Bosh both in the top 10 in scoring, the Bucks traded the majority of their picks for top talent.

They dealt their 2011 1st round selection for PG Derek Rose. This gave them the ability to move Arenas to the two where he could really dominate.

They weren't done yet as they sent their 2009 1st, 2009 2nd, 2011 2nd, and Bill Walker for one of the brightest stars in the league, Dwight Howard.

This results in a rotation that looks like this...

C: DH12
PF: Biedrins
SF: Bosh
SG: Arenas
PG: Rose

Offline Profile