It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA 2K7 Dynasty Pistons
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 pm 

The Pistons are my favorite team of all time. I always use them in ANY franchise mode. Since the sudden roster change in the middle of the NBA when the 76ers bought Chris Webber's contract out, I made a few roster changes. I even updated the major Golden State and Indiana trade.

My starting line-up was of course
PG Chauncey Billups
SG Rip Hamilton
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Rasheed Wallace
C Chris Webber

6th Antonio McDyess
and Flip Murray

I consider myself a great GM. Though we also had Nazr Mohammad i still used him to defend those so-called 7 footers when Webber had trouble.
As I remember we started the season off 5-9. But right after that 9th loss, we went on a beaming 8 game winning streak reaching No. 1 in the power rankings as well.

Chauncey and Rip were my lead scorers. Chauncey averaged 21.3 for the season, along with Rip Hamilton averaging 22.1 a game. My assist man was of course, Billups with 8.3 a game.
Rebounding was the team's weakness a bit and my leading rebounder averaged 9.2 a game which was Chris Webber.
The shot blocking was led by Sheed with 1.8 a game. McDyess had a great year off the bench but still didnt win the 6th Man Award. He averaged 8.9 ppg and 5.6 rpg. Along with Flip Murray averaging 7.1 ppg. Only 3 members of the team was injured. C-Webb went out with a Back Spasm.
McDyess had a Sprained Wrist (But Maxiell was a great fill in) and Hamilton went down with a Dislocated Finger. But everyone was OK enough for Detroit to win 59 games for the season. Billups and Rip made the All-Star Team. Billups also made NBA 2nd All-Star Team and Rip made 3rd.

We got to the playoffs and lost the Championship 2-4. I figured this would happen so I planned ahead. The Grizzlies didnt have much of a good year and I anticipated that they would get a quality enough lottery pick. I offered them Flip Murray and Jason Maxiell and my 1st round pick for their 1st round pick. I didnt think I would get a trade but I actually did and ended up with a 19 pick instead of 28. The draft class looked kind of weak but I was just looking for a quality enough center because we need someone to rebound and block shots, also score in the paint. Chris Webber had a year left on him and I re-signed everyone except Delfino.

Through the Mock Draft they projected me to draft a PF but I was looking for a center. I already have Mohammad but his abilities were getting limited. I drafted a kid named Darnell Park. He's 7'2 280lbs. 21 years old.
2nd Round I draft a SG named Alex Baxter. Free Agency comes along and i sign Sabastian Telfair and I got an undrafted Rookie PF to fill up the PF spot.

2nd season come around. We started the season undefeated 10-0. The chemistry was building and numbers were climbing. My line-up was
PG Billups
SG Hamilton
SF Prince
PF Wallace
C Webber.
6th McDyess with Telfair and Park

I wasnt planning on Park to be an X-Factor. But i spent major time developing him to be a better player in the future to actually win the Most Improved player award. Prince had an unusaul break out year. I spent time developing him too and his numbers were, 17.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, and 3.3 apg. Hamilton again led us in scoring with 21.8 alongside was Billups with 18.8 and Sheed with 13.9. The rebounding favored in C-Webb again with 8.9 a game. Billups was 3rd in the league in assist behind Chris Paul and Steve Nash with 9.6 APG. Sabastian put up numbers with 9.7 ppg and 3.6 apg with 1.2 spg. McDyess decreased a bit in his numbers but didnt effect the team's performance. No player on the team made the All-Star team unfortunately. But Billups made NBA 2nd Team again. Tayshaun made 1st Defensive Team. We won 62 games out the season capturing the No 1 seed and getting home court advantage.

WE ACTUALLY WON THE PLAYOFFS!!! We duck and dodged elimination. But every round we lost 2 or more games. The Finals was against us and the Denver Nuggets with Iverson and Carmelo. We won it 4-3.

To make a long story short, we didnt repeat. Webber retired and Sheed got very very old. Dont worry, Ive been planning to rebuild this franchise. We made the playoffs every time though.

Look at the next post so I can tell you how I snagged myself the 2nd, 4th and 15th overall picks!!!!! And led the Pistons to 7 franchise championships!(Not consecutively. That would be unbelievable)

Oh and I 4got one, Dave Cowens.

Ht: 5'10" Wt: 170 Age: 18 Pos: SG,SF #18
12.5 PPG .495 FG
7.1 RPG .354 3PFG
5.0 APG .774 FT
0.9 SPG 32.5 MPG
1.0 BPG

Offline Profile