It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW Seattle Sonics Creation Draft
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:18 am 
Well, after deleting my Boston franchise, I have decided to start a Seattle Sonics Creation Draft franchise. I will be adjusting the salary cap so there aren't inordinate amounts of cap space at the end of seasons. <br><br>The draft will be in SNAKE form, and the Sonics drew the 5th pick of the draft.<br><br>First Pick- Kevin Garnett, SF- Best player available in my opinion. Will be the focus of both the offense and defense. Shaq, Baron Davis, TMac and TD were first 4 taken.<br><br>Second Pick- Kenyon Martin, PF- Not too shabby right now with stats of B/C/C/A-/C/A. The A potential looked very nice, so he and KG should form a formidable frontcourt.<br><br>Third Pick- Wally Szerbiak, SG- A deadly outside shooter with a solid inside game and another guy with an A in potential. We should be solid for now, but dynamite in the future if these guys develop.<br><br>Fourth Pick- Amare Stoudemire, PF- I need a C and a PG, but this round I take neither, instead gambling on High School phenom Amare Stoudemire. Another guy with A in potential, he may end up starting at C or PF.<br><br>Fifth Pick- Jalen Rose, SF- He is listed as a SF, but right now I am looking to play him as a "Point Forward" unless I can find a good PG in the later rounds. Was going to take Troy Hudson, but seeing Jalen here sealed my decision.<br><br>Sixth Pick- Bobby Jackson, SG- It was either B-Jax or Dan ****, and Bobby's better defensive ratings won him out. He also can play both guard spots, whereas I felt Dicaku was primarily a PG. Jackson will back up both guard spots.<br><br>Seventh Pick- Austin Croshere, PF- Picked up a player who at the moment will back up both the PF and SF positons. Deadly outside shooter, free of the huge contract given to hiim in real life.<br><br>Eighth Pick- Dan ****, PG- I end up getting Dan anyway, but two rounds later. I was looking for a backup big man, but since Steven Hunter was the best looking available, I think I can get him with my next pick.<br><br>Ninth Pick- Steven Hunter, C- I got him here, and it still might be too early. But with an A in potential and an already solid inside game (C+ for inside scoring, A- for defense) I figured I needed the big man more than anything else on the board.<br><br>Tenth Pick- Clifford Robinson, PF- A do it all type of guy, getting up there in years. He has good inside, outside and defensive skills, and will probably see time as a third stringer at C,PF and SF.<br><br>Eleventh Pick- Tamar Slay, SG- He has a B- in both Inside and Outside, so that is why I picked him. Only a D in potential, and with an already deep backcourt, will be lucky to find time on the depth chart.<br><br>12th Pick- William Avery, PG- A solid defensive PG, probably won't see much time with B-Jax, Jalen and **** in front of him. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: NEW Seattle Sonics Creation Draft
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:47 am 
Salary Cap is set at 26 million. This means that about 50% of the teams have about 500,000 in cap space and the others are about 500,000 below the cap. Never really adjusted the cap before, so we will see how this works.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Opening Day Lineup</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>This is how the lineup will look for the first month.<br><br>C- Amare Stoudemire/Cliff Robinson/Steven Hunter<br>PF- Kenyon Martin/Austin Croshere/Steven Hunter<br>SF- Kevin Garnett/Austin Croshere/Cliff Robinson<br>SG- Wally Szerbiak/Bobby Jackson/Dan ****<br>PG- Jalen Rose/Dan ****/Bobby Jackson<br><br>Will Avery and Tamar Slay will not be listed.<br><br>Primary Scorers- KG/Wally/Jalen<br>Pace is set at fast, everything else is normal.<br><br>We are picked to finish 6th in the Pacific, with KG making the All-NBA first team by STN.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 1-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>We get off to a disappointing start, 0-4 for the first week. I trace the problem to KG only averaging 15 PPG and then realize he wasn't even a top three option for the first week! I change it to what is seen above and hope for the best. KG did have a tripledouble in a loss to the Clippers, the first of the season. J-Kidd of the Bucks is POW.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 2- </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>We get our first win, and go 1-2 for the week dropping us to 1-6 on the season. Jalen Rose is turning the ball over 5 times a game so I insert B-Jax into the starting lineup and have Jalen backing up the SF and SG spot. T-Mac of the Clippers is POW.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 3- </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Finally a good week! We go 3-0 to climb to 4-6 for the season. Kevin has got his scoring up, so thats a good sign, and him, Wally and Jalen are all averaging 18+, although I expect Jalens to fall since he is coming off the bench now. GP of the Jazz is player of the week.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 4-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Back to losing. The Sonics go 1-3 for the week and we fall to 5-9. What the hell is wrong with us? I put on a press for the next week, maybe a more uptempo game will help us. Dirk Novitzki of the Nuggets is POW.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 5-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>2-2 this week. I really don't know what to do. We beat the Lakers and Celts, two of the top teams. I would like to bring Jalen back into the SL, but I can't trust his turnovers. B-Jax is averaging 9 and 5, so thats alright I guess. POW is T-Mac, and POM is also T-Mac (a week late on that one)<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 5-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Went 2-1 for the week, putting us at 9-12, below expectations. We are 2.5 back of the playoffs and 5 back of the Pacific leading Lakers. If we get hot, we can make it up, still lots of time. TD is POW for the Hawks.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Week 6-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Continue our god damned hot cold play, this time going 0-4. This puts us at 9-16. I think I am just going to sim to the All-Star break, and continue from there.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>ASW-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>We are 19-27 at the break, 10.5 behind the Lakers in the Pacific and 5.5 back of the playoffs.<br>This will be the last part for today. <br>Rookie Game- No Sonics, J-Rich wins MVP<br>3 Point Shootout- No Sonics, Baron Davis beats Paul Pierce in the final.<br>Dunk Contest- T-Mac continues his dominance by beating Desmon Mason and VC in the final.<br>All-Star Game- Kevin Garnett gets the start at SF for the West. He goes for 8, 9 and 3 in the game. GP wins the MVP award.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Leaders at the Break-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>PPG-<br>1. KG- 21.0<br>2. Wally- 19.5<br>3. B-Jax- 12.3<br><br>Assists- <br>1. KG- 4.6<br>2. B-Jax- 4.3<br>3. Wally- 3.1<br><br>Rebounds- <br>1. KG- 9.8<br>2. Kenyon and Amare tied at 7.2<br>3. Wally- 6.2<br><br>Kevin leads in steals, while Kenyon leads in blocks. <br><br>Anyways, tommorow should be the second half of the season.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Well...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:28 pm 
Thats one way but i am not sure if it will work with every option.