Post subject: Suggestions for the New FBB
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:38 am 

Im gonna try to keep everything in one place so its nice and neat. Post em here

MUNS

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:56 am 
6th Man

First of all, this is a great day for us FBB fans. Its great to hear that Brian is doing ok now. Now on to the suggestions. I think we should make some serious but realistic suggestions. Theres a new basketball sim league out there, but looking at the direction that game is going, i dont see how FBB could possibly be beaten if we kept the game as easy to use and practical as it is right now, but even BETTER. I dont know what direction or vision Heavyreign is going with the game- hopefully keep things basic so we dont get charged a ridiculous price like $40.

my suggestions:

Improved HTML output pages obviously we can go crazy with this because some of the pages with the current style are hard to read and need to look better aesthetically. (Go see the HTML pages of the popular OOTP Baseball Manager 2006). Also, I'd like to see player photos be added to the HTML pages- not necessary, but a nice feature.

Custom league size feature- Could you imagine how even more popular this game with me if we could customize the number of teams and league formats such as games per season and the playoffs format? I'm talking Euroleague rosters could be made and other foreign basketball leagues other than the NBA have sim leagues all over the net- which means more interest in FBB and hopefully more revenue for you. Custom league features should enable you to make different league sizes like 8,9,10 all the way to 30 teams. Also a good idea would be able to divide the teams in different conferences and divisions any which way you want.

Custom season size- So what we start a league and dont feel like having 82 games? Having the ability to decide how many games we can play could be a fun idea- more intense competition and just goes along with my theme of total customization

Custom Playoffs structure- lets have the option to choose from the playoff games structure of sudden death elimination, best of 3, best of 5, best of 7.

More in depth team strategy menu- the team strategy options in the old FBB are quite simplistic. Hopefully adding some new features like team plays and playing style- triangle offense, etc... can be included.

Skills competition in All-Star Weekend- Lets have FBB the first game to have this. Not even NBA LIVE has this.

League news- a feature that was used in Season Ticket Basketball. This was actually pretty useful way back when there were still STB leagues out. Also fun to have season previews and the Power Poll. Maybe an improvement on this added to the new FBB?

These are my suggestions- I'm not asking for some fancy graphics that may just eat up most of your time with the game, hence you will have to hire some graphic artist for FBB which would totally be unnecessary. Keep the basic core of the game which has made it a great success but add some more features which will make the game more fun. (hopefully some of the ones i suggested)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:10 pm 
Starter

If the NBA game uses the ideas and tweaked college engine I'd be happy, but a few other suggestions:

D-Leagues: Running parrallel to the NBA season, with teams able to send their young guys down to their affiliate d-league squad.

Increased Player Pools: Allow players to remain (and at times improve) in the FA pool and not delete them at the end of the year.

Player Stat History: Store the stats for retired players. I like going back over draft history and seeing how players pan out, but currently when they retire or are deleted, their stats dissapear unless they made the HoF.

Foreign Leagues: A biggie I know, but a boy can dream. :)

http://www.goosejuice.com/fbcb/

Why so green and lonely?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm 
Starter

Some more from awhile ago:

1) Tone down the PGs. It my current league (which uses FBCB draft files, it's true, but this occurs with the game generated PGs, too) there are about 15 or so top-flight PGs that get triple doubles all too often. Rebounding numbers for PGs should probably be decreased in general.

2) Same coaching system as FBCB, with coaches having histories, leaving for other teams, etc.

3) Expansion. Ability to add new teams with blank rosters and then run an expansion draft. Might be a nightmare for scheduling purposes.

4) Create foreign rookies for the draft files, incl. imported FBCB draft files.

5) Improved PbP. FBCB PbP is currently far superior to FBB.

6) Improved strategy options. Again, FBCB is far superior here.

7) More aggressive AI in FA. Teams are under the cap all too often, and should probably overpay at times in order to get talent.

8) Rebuild mode. If a team sucks for a few seasons, maybe have the chance where they'll switch to rebuild mode, and be looking to dump contracts and acquire draft picks.

http://www.goosejuice.com/fbcb/

Why so green and lonely?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:27 am 
6th Man

Possibility for edit player cards (awards, draft pick and career stats).

Possibility of changing the participants of the All-Star Week-End.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:07 pm 

1) The ability to hire and fire coaches.

2) During the draft you should be able to sort the players from the best to the worst.It would also be nice to have a "mock draft".

3) The option to put players on a "trading block" as opposed to a regular trade.

4) The ability to see teams standings when simulating the season.

5)The option to be the GM of any team and be fired for poor performance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:56 pm 
6th Man

Groundhog wrote:
3) Expansion. Ability to add new teams with blank rosters and then run an expansion draft. Might be a nightmare for scheduling purposes.

being able to add or delete teams is huge IMO, cause if we had this option before, Bobcats could have been created...

Keep Retired players, I hate it how they disappear once they retire, I want to be able to put the retired players into the hall of fame. Would make history cooler.

and as another GM said, keep players on FA list for more than one season.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:27 pm 
6th Man

mccd34 wrote:
1) The ability to hire and fire coaches.

2) During the draft you should be able to sort the players from the best to the worst.It would also be nice to have a "mock draft".

3) The option to put players on a "trading block" as opposed to a regular trade.

4) The ability to see teams standings when simulating the season.

5)The option to be the GM of any team and be fired for poor performance.

Trading Block is good idea- I saw this feature in Baseball Mogul, where you input a player you want to trade in a search engine and potential offers will pop up.

Graphically, i can see the game looking more like the sims from Baseball Mogul- lots of pictures that you can customize. I'd like to see logos used in FBB because the generic look to it is just getting boring.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:25 pm 
Bench Warmer

Groundhog wrote:
Player Stat History: Store the stats for retired players. I like going back over draft history and seeing how players pan out, but currently when they retire or are deleted, their stats dissapear unless they made the HoF.

tremendous idea. not losing retired players' stats would be absolutely fantastic. even more, if FBB/STB could have something like the CatoBase which exists for Out of the Park baseball sim games, but that's a lot to ask for.

either way, just not losing the retired players' stats would be fantastic.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:41 am 
Starter

The Injury types and stuff.... maybe someone could elaborate for me but this just gets me at times...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:01 pm 
6th Man

derek wrote:
The Injury types and stuff.... maybe someone could elaborate for me but this just gets me at times...

Yea injuries are stupid.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:20 am 

In the NBA contract players, the Team option or Player Option to renew the contract

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:36 pm 
All-Star

I think Injuries happen too often. I think some injuries also should have negative effects on players. Like an ACL tear would keep him out a season and cut back his jumping, quickness and/or potential..

But not all injuries should, because a Bruised Rib wouldn't do anything longterm..

Maybe have some injuries repeatable, like a nagging knee injury or ankle injury that acts up...

I dunno, I think those are solid ideas..

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:29 pm 
6th Man

I just got to thinking- how long before the new version will be released?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:52 pm 

heavyreign wrote:
I don't have a specific timetable for how this will work out so there will be more details when things are more concrete.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:17 am 
All-Star

I would also like the option to run lotteries with all spots being up for grabs, not just the top 3.

ABCA ran 8 Seasons.
RetroABCA ran 23 Seasons.
GlobalABCA ran 28 Seasons.
ABCA Legends ran 17 Seasons.
Ultimate ABCA is starting Season 5.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:42 pm 
6th Man

This will never happen :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:21 pm 

I know I'm dreaming here, but...

There are football sims in which you can design your own plays. I keep hoping that someone will implement this in a basketball sim. PLEASE be the one who does!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:11 pm 

1. Waivers, make a section where you can process waivers with one click..or 2.

2. Re-signings, have an option where if a player is down to 1 or 2 years in his contract, the GM can offer him an extension instead of waiting until the end and then having them offer

3. Better graphics. Example: For things like the slam dunk contest, make a "Slam Dunk Contest (Year) Champion" and have the players name on it etc...do that for all the awards and such.

4. Make it possible to get an actual fair deal with a CPU GM, I offered MJ(02-03) for a 1st rounder and it said they would want a much better offer. It's almost impossible to trade with the CPU.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:07 pm 
6th Man

Contracts:

1. Rookie contract team options - Teams have options on the final years of 1st round picks.

2. Extentions - Offered the summer before the final year of contracts. After that summer, they become free agents (or restricted FAs).

3. Restricted free agents - Teams can opt to match any offer on free agents just out of rookie contracts if they make a qualifying offer to the player. The players only recourse is to accept the qualifying offer for 1 year and will then be unrestricted. This is a MAJOR NBA factor. Only ever seen this as part of 1st round rookie contracts, could be something that can be on other contracts, just never seen it yet.

4. Front-loading contract offers - Might be structured other ways, but usually offers something like a $20M signing bonus on top of a regular contract of, say, 5 years starting at $7M. This was the type of deal Joe Johnson took to go to Atlanta and was a factor in the offers the Heat made a few years ago to Lamar Odom and Elton Brand. The concept is that if the team matches, its devastating to their cap situation. This is the ONLY way to fight against restricted free agency's matching ability for the players former team (Other than sign and trades).

5. Considering future max contracts - Like Lebron and others did recently opting for contracts that will make them free agents when elligible for veteran max contracts (which are larger than regular max contracts).

6. Add team and player options to contract offers - SLO handles it like this: we assign a dollar value to subtract from the offer we submit of there is a team option and add a dollar value to offers we submit for player options. Need to research any rules governing how many such options on a contract and at what intervals (you cant offer a 5 year with a team option in the 2nd year, or at least its not done on long contracts in the NBA. It IS done on, say, 2 year contracts, but this can and has been abused in sim leagues to manipulate the system). SLO used a voting system to determine what players did. So Allan Houston did NOT opt out of his cushy contract and Tmac DID because he could get the vet max. Patricia's Various Basketball Stuff was the best and most comprehensive source for current and Past NBA contracts that I could find.

7. Multi-Year Mid-level exceptions. You can offer a length of up to 5 years, I believe raises can apply (need to confirm that).

8. Add the newer NBA rules that allow teams over the cap to offer the mid-level exception regardless of cap.

9. Update to latest NBA CBA agreement for contract lengths, max yearly raises, contract lengths with bird years.

10. Veterans exception doesnt count against the cap.

11. Maybe get into injury exceptions, but I think most can live without it for now.

12. Never really found out what a "Trade Exception" is, but seems to have good trade value and gets talked about now and then.

13. Not sure if FBB considered the difference between vet max and max contracts, but thought I would mention it.

14. As was already suggested, sign and trades. Could work it like this, player says he would rather go with another team, but just like real life, still wants the contract bird years can get him. So he tells the bidding team he wants to try for a sign and trade, if they CAN do it (have the necessary pieces for the contract matching). The player then approaches current team asking for sign and trade to another team. This is also likely to be a spring board for multi-team trades as it is in real life.

15. Multi-team deals. Losing teams under the cap love to facilitate these to pick up little advantages. Gives losing teams a way to stay involved. I would think it might be to complicated for the single player game (or at least too complicated for AI to initiate itself), but not so hard for online play. They are popular on SLO, and lots of work for the commishes.

16. A period before free agency where teams meet and greet players to gauge who is interested in what. You can only go after so many players, you can get some feedback as to whether you got a shot and who else is interested. You cannot meet and greet every FA, just like in real life.

17. Some other factors for FA player decision - Climate, Beaches, Nightlife, and to a lesser extent market size (not nearly the factor it used to be). Also hometown and College could be factors. Hometowns have friends and relatives.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Moderators: muns, heavyreign Go to page 1, 2  Next