It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free Agency Bug
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm 

Hello,

So I've been playing in ABCA Legends since we first started and in 13 seasons, not 1 time has a single player turned down the 5 year max offer if you have their birds.

I drafted this player (Kevin McHale), he was never unhappy and he played 35+mpg at his natural position. My team just came off a run to the finals and he was a free agent.

I made him the max 5 year deal, no options and with 7.5% raises.

After FA is run, I get this email first: "You have offered me a 5-year $86,250,000 contract. Your offer is currently the best offer but I am not ready to sign yet. I'm waiting to see if any better offers are made"

Then I get this other email: "You have offered me a 5-year $86,250,000 contract. This was previously the best offer. However, the Mahram now have the best offer. They have offered me a 4-year $64,050,000 contract. I'm leaning towards their offer right now but it's close"

Then, he goes and signs with a different team that was never mention, Aoshen for the same 4-year max deal.

My teams have the 4th highest overall win % in the league and both Mahram and Beijing are bottom 15 in win %. Clearly, my offer was the best one but he chose to sign elsewhere? As I mentioned earlier, in 12+ seasons a player has never spurned the 5 year max offer.

How does that even make any sense? Seriously contemplating discontinuing my use of this game if players are just making decisions at pure random.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Free Agency Bug
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm 

Just to elaborate further on the player, his ratings in the game are:

Loyalty: C
Play for Winner: D-
Greed: B-

What's the point of these ratings if they have zero effect? Also, in my previous post, the first email saying I had the best offer was on 7/18 and then the next was from 7/19. We sim 6 days at a time, so there was zero change from Day 1 to Day 2 for my offer to go from the best to being outbid.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:49 pm 
FBB Developer

There is going to be some randomness in FA signings. Always taking the highest bid wouldn't be remotely true. However, you do have a great point. In this spot with the bids unchanged, if your bid was on top on day 1, it should have stayed there if no additional bids have come in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm 
All-Star

We've seen that happen a few times in our league.

Guys will have a higher offer, say they like a second one, and then take a 3rd offer even if no offers have been changed/pulled (or lost due to cap fluctuation).

ABCA ran 8 Seasons.
RetroABCA ran 23 Seasons.
GlobalABCA ran 28 Seasons.
ABCA Legends ran 17 Seasons.
Ultimate ABCA is starting Season 5.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:42 am 
FBB Developer

The main thing I still want to reflect is the part that looks at the team composition as part of the ranking of the offers. That could change from day to day due to a new signing. If one high level SG signs then another one probably wouldn't still have you #1 the following day.

Offline Profile