It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Draft pools for small leagues unbalanced
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:31 am 

In 30-team NBA style leagues, rookie draft classes tend to contain roughly 13 players with a green or better potential, meaning that a little under half of the league will come out with a potential star player which seems about right.

However, I have tried running smaller leagues and the ratio is thrown off. I am currently playing a 6-team league with a couple friends and in our draft classes there are typically around 8 players with green or better potential, making it way too easy to have absurdly stacked rosters.

I would love to see the ratio of players with green, blue, and purple potentials properly adjusted to match the size of the league. Hopefully this could be done without too much trouble.

EDIT - I created a 6-team league and fast simmed it for 20 years. At that point, one team had 8 players with blue potential, 4 of whom had already reached their potential. Only one team had more than 3 players without a green potential or better. In fact, 14 of the 15 players on one roster had green or better potential.

Offline Profile