It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems with unused mid/low exceptions and the hard cap
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 am 

Our league has a mid exception of 6m and a low of 3m, and a soft cap of 80m and a hard cap of 100m. The "unused exceptions" line item of 9m shows up on any team's balance sheets as long as the 9m of exceptions would put them over the 80m soft cap.

There are a few problems/questions I have with this. First, a team was at 93m salary, and the "unused exceptions" item pushed the total salary to 102m. However, during FA, that team could only make minimum bids as if they were over the hard cap - even though they had "unused" exceptions, since those unused exceptions technically put them over the 100m hard cap, they couldn't even USE those exceptions. Is this intended? Is there any way around it? It makes no sense to me that you have be charged for unused exceptions and then forbidden from even using them and making them "used" exceptions.

My second question is similar, but a team that is at 72m salary would have the exceptions push them up past the hard cap to 81m salary. This means their soft cap space is completely eaten up. Is there any way around this part either?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Problems with unused mid/low exceptions and the hard cap
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:26 pm 

I'd like to bring up an exception issue as well.

I am only using a $70,000,000 soft cap and arranged my creation draft to have all players salaries per team hit that amount perfectly.

But, the pages show that teams are $9 million over the cap, as their unused exceptions ($3 and $6 million in my league) are added to that total. I had someone do a trade that put them at $69 million, but that put them at $8 million over the cap with a total of $77 million.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Problems with unused mid/low exceptions and the hard cap
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:44 pm 
Bench Warmer

There's nothing to be done about this from prior discussions on this topic. At this point, reworking that given Heavy's recent issues is unlikely. Not to mention, the software is WAAAY outside of its life cycle so any support we get on this is a labor of love IMO.

Probably best to either adapt the league rules to incorporate that for teams "just barely" under the cap like that.

In my league, our GMs have adapted to either being well under or over the salary cap and I will allow GMs to use that cap space in things like trade matching (for example) but, since the application does not allow it, it's probably best to MacGyver a way that best fits your league.

Offline Profile