It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Version 3.0.26
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:37 pm 
FBB Developer

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.26: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update3026.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Updates:
*Included updated 2014-2015 historical database file.
*Added 2015 season roster file
*Updated historical league structures through 2015 (full install only)

Changes:
*Added the option to import retired players into the league history when using the historical league format.
*Added the option to import player career stats when starting with a CSV player file rather than the historical database.
*Added limited PBP option
*Added the option to view the current box score while coaching a game.
*Adjusted DPOY criteria to make it possible for perimeter players to win.
*Contract offers can only decrease by the amount of the max raise each year.
*Added the option to have players imported from the historical database with fictional names instead.
*Retired player stats will be imported when using a historical league.
*Added MDB output for all retired players from the league
*Added MDB output for all retired staff from the league
*Added option under league options to set the maxiumum number of players imported from an FBCB draft file

Fixes:
*Luxury tax calculations should not include staff salaries paid.
*Fixed projected luxury tax not being calculated properly
*Fixed allowing games to be simmed from the playoff bracket screen when not logged in as commish.
*Fixed more issues with sorting in team stats when using non US number formats.
*Fixed possibility for SG and PG position to swap when the SG was the higher rated PG but the PG was not eligible to play SG.
*Fixed issues with both the determination of cohesion and the development of cohesion.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur when importing team exports.
*SeasonStats table in MDB output should display the correct Games Started.
*Fixed a bug that could cause cpu set ticket prices to be negative in some circumstances.
*Fixed an error 9 that could occur due to adding leagues to an active save.
*Rookie options should be assigned to the correct seasons after editing a player in the current league editor.
*Rewrote FTP component to eliminate issues with invalid team exports getting uploaded.
*added code to prevent a bug that could cause double stats to get recorded at the end of a game.
*Draft pool players shouldn't be a year younger if you import a draft file after advancing past the offseason period.
*Coaches should not be created with a blank name.
*Rewrote code that tracks declined options in team exports.
*Max raise should be correctly applied to contracts below max contracts
*Fixed a bug that could cause the higher seed to have home advantage in the playoffs when both teams had the same record.
*Fixed a bug that caused stats to not save for players after a trade if the depth chart was not updated prior to the game.
*html folder for coaches should not be capitalized when created.
*Eliminated some randomization in how players view FA offers that haven't changed.
*Fixed serveral error 6's that could occur due to transactions.
*Added warnings if the game detects possible corruption in team exports

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Version 3.0.26
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am 

*Added the option to import retired players into the league history when using the historical league format.
*Added the option to import player career stats when starting with a CSV player file rather than the historical database.

I downloaded the update, but I don't see these options. Where are they located? I'm trying to start a 2015 season with the new roster update, but everyone's stats are wiped clean.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:13 pm 
All-Star

Awesome!

Some really useful fixes and adds in here.

Thanks for the continued hard work Brian.

ABCA ran 8 Seasons.
RetroABCA ran 23 Seasons.
GlobalABCA ran 28 Seasons.
ABCA Legends ran 17 Seasons.
Ultimate ABCA is starting Season 5.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm 
FBB Developer

Bless wrote:

I downloaded the update, but I don't see these options. Where are they located? I'm trying to start a 2015 season with the new roster update, but everyone's stats are wiped clean.

You should see the options under the player source section when starting a new game. Make sure you are using the historical league structure as your base league.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 am 

Awesome stuff. Thank you for your continued work.

Do you envision having any changes to how in-season re-signings are done? It seems that the players who offer to re-sign do so at random and not based on any factors at all (ie: playing time, winning, etc). Having the ability to negotiate with everyone would be a great addition or just some actual logic in wanting to resign that isn't random.

Another question I have is regarding training camps. Is there a tutorial to how this should work? It seems that once a player hits the age of 27, they are no longer subject to a decline in potential. However, a fully developed player who is 25 can take a massive hit and become a shell of their former self. I enjoy there being some randomization to development but the regression of a players talent below 27 is rather high considering players in real life either become stagnant or get better. It's very rare to see a player regress from being top 10 in a league to barely starting unless they incurred a serious injury. TC has become such a major problem that our entire league dreads this day every off-season and the arbitrary age cutoff for potential declines impacts players values.

Again, I appreciate all the work you do and would love to hear your input on these 2 items.

Thanks,
Billy Martin

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 am 

Yes thank you for your hard work. I just started playing this game and loving it.

Loving reliving the awesome 90s actually but now I can start a second league with my current PAcers :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:32 am 
All-Star

Stardog765 wrote:
Yes thank you for your hard work. I just started playing this game and loving it.

Loving reliving the awesome 90s actually but now I can start a second league with my current PAcers :)

If you're ever interested in trying it against other people check out our online league.

ABCA ran 8 Seasons.
RetroABCA ran 23 Seasons.
GlobalABCA ran 28 Seasons.
ABCA Legends ran 17 Seasons.
Ultimate ABCA is starting Season 5.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:18 pm 
6th Man

heavyreign wrote:
*Fixed more issues with sorting in team stats when using non US number formats.

I thought that with that, this issue was fixed.

Same problem in FT% and 3P%.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 pm 

jscott wrote:
Stardog765 wrote:

If you're ever interested in trying it against other people check out our online league.

Thank you JScott, I bookmarked your page.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:15 pm 
Bench Warmer

heavyreign wrote:
Fixes:
*Luxury tax calculations should not include staff salaries paid.

You've just made a ton of my GMs happy. Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm 

heavyreign wrote:
Bless wrote:

You should see the options under the player source section when starting a new game. Make sure you are using the historical league structure as your base league.

Is it possible to import players with out importing their career stats? I'd like to create a fictional league using real players and randomizing their names but do not want their career stats. I wrote a simple program to randomize the names in the csv file then use that when creating the league, but would be easier to have it done during the creation process.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:09 pm 
6th Man

davwms wrote:
Is it possible to import players with out importing their career stats? I'd like to create a fictional league using real players and randomizing their names but do not want their career stats. I wrote a simple program to randomize the names in the csv file then use that when creating the league, but would be easier to have it done during the creation process.

When creating a new save (from the main screen), on the 2nd page where it says Initial Player Source...choose your own CSV file from the drop down. If you need to make one, just copy the one listed in the PLAYERFILES folder (in your FBP3 folder), and edit it as you wish. There's no stats listed on that CSV file. Then make sure you pick Fictional in YEARLY Player Source, and there will be NO stats for any players.

Hope this helps.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:13 am 

jlemmen43 wrote:
davwms wrote:

When creating a new save (from the main screen), on the 2nd page where it says Initial Player Source...choose your own CSV file from the drop down. If you need to make one, just copy the one listed in the PLAYERFILES folder (in your FBP3 folder), and edit it as you wish. There's no stats listed on that CSV file. Then make sure you pick Fictional in YEARLY Player Source, and there will be NO stats for any players.

Hope this helps.

Offline Profile