It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: .CSV output not working!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:27 am 
Bench Warmer

I've been working on a current file, and I'm pretty close to being done. Although I noticed a problem that just bugs the crap out of me... The picks are 1 year too early (as in the first year pick is 2012, when it should be 2013).

Now I figured "Hey, no problem... Output the league import, and do a new one with the right year..."

Problem is, when I do that, a ton of players are moved around (all Thunder players go to FA), and every other team (I think) is missing at least one player that should be on the team. Also, nearly 100 players are just randomly deleted (the total player count via "edit current league" shows this).

Is there a way to fix this? I mean if there isn't, then that mess up will bug me forever. Also, it's after the FA period on day 1 in the file, since I will have draft picks on the right teams too (such as 2013 Houston 1st on Hawks).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: .CSV output not working!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm 
FBB Developer

Explain to me exactly what you are trying to do. It sounds like you are trying to make a save file with current rosters including future draft picks belonging to the correct team? If that is the case then I'm not sure I understand what is going on with the picks. If I start a game in 2012 then the first set of draft picks lists as 2013.

For the CSV import, the issue with the Thunder would be easily fixed. Other teams would be losing players if they have more than 15 on the roster. 100 players are getting deleted because the game needs space for the incoming draft pool so it will delete what it believes to be the worst players in the league until 100 players have been generated for the draft.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm 
Bench Warmer

heavyreign wrote:
Explain to me exactly what you are trying to do. It sounds like you are trying to make a save file with current rosters including future draft picks belonging to the correct team? If that is the case then I'm not sure I understand what is going on with the picks. If I start a game in 2012 then the first set of draft picks lists as 2013.

For the CSV import, the issue with the Thunder would be easily fixed. Other teams would be losing players if they have more than 15 on the roster. 100 players are getting deleted because the game needs space for the incoming draft pool so it will delete what it believes to be the worst players in the league until 100 players have been generated for the draft.

For the picks, I accidently started a year too early. So say if I uploaded the file to an index, it would say 2012-2013-2014 at the bottom for the picks, instead of 2013-2014-2015. :)

As for the deleting, there's already 60+ players in the incoming draft (from the league import) so why would it delete 100? And what do you mean the issue would be easily fixed? I mean I could put them back, but then I have to do all the contracts and birds for everyone AND the missing players from the other teams, and I would prefer to avoid such a bother.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 am 
FBB Developer

Lets just make this easy...send your save file to heavyreign@hotmail.com and I'll bump the season and the draft pick seasons by 1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:18 pm 
Bench Warmer

heavyreign wrote:
Lets just make this easy...send your save file to heavyreign@hotmail.com and I'll bump the season and the draft pick seasons by 1.

Aha easy is the way I like it! :P

Sent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 pm 
FBB Developer

No sign of it so far but it could just be slow. Its only been 30 mins.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm 
Bench Warmer

heavyreign wrote:
No sign of it so far but it could just be slow. Its only been 30 mins.

Really? Maybe it's an issue with Yahoo and Hotmail. :/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm 
FBB Developer

You can also try sending it to brian@fbbgames.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 pm 
Bench Warmer

heavyreign wrote:
You can also try sending it to brian@fbbgames.com

Ok I sent one there too. This time with a longer message (and ascii art! :D ) so it would have a better chance of avoiding any sort of spam filter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm 
FBB Developer

I just sent the updated file back to you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:39 pm 
Bench Warmer

Thank you good sir. :)

Offline Profile